The Company Outlook
Smart Logistics Solution (SLS) was established in 2009. Our core business is in handling and distribution of agricultural based products.SLS provides markets of various products to farmers while mitigating on production risks through crop insurance and financial solutions.Initially we only focused on sorghum aggregation from smallholder farmers, then expanded into other product lines; emerging as one of the region’s top agricultural commodity supply company.
- 2010 - We were the first company to supply the East African Breweries with sorghum.
- 2011 - We ventured into additional markets that saw us start supplying soya and serving World Food Programme (WFP), the same year the company constructed her own warehouses and offices.
- 2012 - The company started importing grain from the regional markets.
- 2013 - We relocated our base of operations from Nairobi to Machakos and secured a 2000 acre large scale farm, as a strategic move buffer production from small-scale farmers.
- 2014 - The company ventured into retail business and value addition.
- 2015 - We started playing in the international markets and set the ground of playing in the global market.